Monday, September 5, 2016

Frog God Games to Publish Swords & Wizardry: Light



If you know Erik Tenkar of Tenkar’s Tavern, (one of my favorite gaming blog sites) then you know he’s a big fan of Swords & Wizardry.  So much that he has collaborated with Frog God Games in publishing Swords & Wizardry: Light.  What is S&WL? It covers levels 1 through 3, includes the core classes with a Thief class to be renamed. There are some other minor things included, all within a 4 page booklet that will be included with every Frog God Games order. A major fan of S&W myself, I thought I would pass the news along.

Erik’s idea was a 4-page stripped down version of Swords & Wizardry: White Box targeted at lapsed gamers, with 4-page adventures to follow.  Eh, I’m not sure a lite version of a light rules system is needed.  Right now I’m just interested in what is proposed as a 4th class, the to-be-renamed Thief, for White Box.  Isn’t that the one thing that has been clamored for by fans?

I’m happy for Erik.  Just retired from a career with the police and now he’s working with an established RPG company developing a product for his one of his favorite rules systems.  Oh, the green eye of jealousy! I’ll be keeping an eye out for this little book.

No comments:

Post a Comment